Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Yard Project

I'm working on clearing out a lot of the brush at mom's house now, she's got a pretty big yard with a lot of undergrowth and shrubbery running wild. I've gotten most of the stuff I can get with the mower. Now I'm working on this area. This is a hill that me and my brothers used to slide down on cardboard box sleds when we were younger, when we would come to Grandma's house for vacation. I'm going to try to get it trimmed way back and kill of some of it. In the first picture, you'll see how thick and far out it is. The yellow stuff up front, I've been pouring vinegar on for the past couple weeks. If you didn't know it, vinegar is a great way to kill unwanted shrubs and weeds(and plants you want if used improperly) without using harmful chemicals. The second picture is after I went through it with the riding mower. My youngest brother lived with mom up until this last summer, and he didn't do a whole lot with the yard. Mom's a little lonely over at her place, and she gets worried at night because of where her house is, so I'm going to move over there with her, so I can help her out around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment